Comments I particularly relish include:
- "Ninety-three years young, and I still keep my wife smiling occasionally..."
- "You want to feel better, look better, live longer?.. you've got to earn the right to it."
- "Do something for the most important person on this earth. You."
- One of the first people to advocate avoiding processed foods, LaLanne is known to say,"If man made it, don't eat it."
- Considered one of the first modern health evangelists, LaLanne... likes to say "Billy Graham is for the hereafter, I'm for the here and now."
- LaLanne began advocating weight training in the 1930s even though doctors at the time thought the new practice would give people heart attacks and lower their sex drives. Science has since proved LaLanne was right.